Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mommy, Dazz, and me walked into a bar.

Mommy and I met up with Dazz in Hoboken today. Dazz is super nice and right away her and Mommy were being catty about this RIDICULOUS outfit some girl was wearing. I don't know what she was thinking when she left the house.We had lots of fun- we walked around and people watched (of course people gazed at me and went "awww" a lot) and went into some shops where both Mommy and Dazz exercised great restraint in not spending thousands of dollars on stuff they liked. Mommy bought me 2 sweaters at a street stand where this nice lady from Ecuador was and all the sweaters were handmade and were very pretty and of course, Ecuador is also where Tripod!Daisy is from, so Mommy had to get me some. Plus she bought a scarf for herself. Dazz bought pretty green stone earrings. Maybe chalcedony, I'm not sure, I'm a little fuzzy on my mineral classifications. Then we went to another store where there were bags and jewelry that I wanted and when I first started to verbalize my discomfort in the fact that I was STRAPPED INTO PLACE WEARING 9000 LAYERS. Mommy unsnapped me from the stroller and undid my jacket and I was much happier. Then she just took off my jacket, put on my hat and gloves (ugh!) and snuggled me up with blankets up to my neck. It was nice, I was warm but not too hot and I could still people watch.

Then Mommy and Dazz were hungry so they went to a bar and grill and picked a chair in the corner with crazy high stools that were really hard to get into. Mommy had to hike her skirt up over her knees and even then she almost fell through the wall. I hope I grow up to be less of spaz than her. Mommy and Dazz ate, and I nibbled on these neat biscuits that Dazz brought for me that are baked to be really hard, they're supposed to entice baby teeth to come out or something. Regardless, they tasted good, until I threw it on the floor. I like to do that, by the way, just throw stuff on the floor. Whatever. All kinds of things. I like the sound it makes. When Mommy and me go to the grocery store, I can make her bend over and pick up the same toy like 9 times in a row. It's funny.

In the bar Mommy and Dazz ate and had one little cocktail each and talked and talked. It was nice. I hope we get to see Dazz again soon. I had my bottle and then I was getting sleepy so the rest of the trip was kinda fuzzy. We walked someplace that smelled really good....then we said goodbye to Dazz and Mommy and me walked back to the car garage and Mommy barely got lost driving out of there.

It was a lovely day. Dazz is every bit as awesome as we knew she would be. Next time she's just going to drive out and we'll hit the mall or something- Prime people watching there!

PS
HI DAZZ! I LOVED MEETING YOU! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! XOXO LEELA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leela! I'm glad you had so much fun. Your buddy little p loves to throw things on the ground too. Enjoy it while you can - he's starting to learn that if you throw something away 400 times, Mommy thinks you don't want it and takes it away.

Have a good day!
GwennieP

PS - You look so cute all snuggled up!