What happened, you ask to make it such a bad day? I had a fever (a little one) Friday night, and as you might already know, I'm teething, so these things happen together. But something else happened- something bad. It was Saturday morning, and Mommy was getting ready to go take a little nap before work when her and Daddy noticed I was feeling pretty toasty. They took my temperature (I hate that thermometer! It goes in my bum!!!) and my fever was back, and it was high, 103.4 degrees!! Mommy got in the car to go to CVS to buy some baby motrin. She would be back in ten minutes. But in those ten minutes...
(This is me on the way to the hospital. Seizures kick your butt and make you way sleepy)
(this is me at the hospital, sitting on Daddy's lap)
At the hospital the nurses were very nice. They drew blood ( i cried a lot) and put a foley catheter in me to get some pee to test. Mommy was concerned because she didn't think the pediatrician looked old enough to drive a car.
All my results were normal so they think it is a virus or. . . Because I am getting lots of teeth? Mommy and Daddy stayed with me the whole time and my Daddy was so brave. He helped Mommy not have a breakdown. My Grammy was there and she used her connections with some of the nurses there to get us help faster and my Grampy came as soon as he could.
While we waited for tests my Daddy went and got me this giraffe, whom we nicknamed MRSA because he kept falling on the ground. (His real name is Noah) The doctors promised Mommy&Daddy that I would be ok. No brain damages. No epilepsy. There was one good thing yesterday. . . I now know how to give real kisses to Mommy! With puckered lips and MWAAH sounds.
So I am OK. I don't feel so good, I'm achy & sleepy & motrin tastes bad but I am getting lots of TLC. My uncles called and my Aunts Mary and Jenn and Nikki and my great grandma because they were worried. But I am ok. I will regale all of you with my Birthday Week Predictions for 2008 soon. Love from Leela (I will be 1 YEAR OLD ON THURSDAY, EVERYONE!)

10 comments:
Poor Leela and your no good, horrible, bad day. Sending lots of hugs and kisses your way. Glad to hear your feeling better. Please try not to scare Mommy and Daddy like that again.
Love,
dazz
Leela, even when they're upset, your parents make me laugh naming your giraffe MRSA. I hope you're feeling better.
Poor Sadie and Mr.Hyde- even though you knew there usually aren't sequelae to febrile seizures, I'm sure it's super scary.
I think Leela and Little P are OTP, scaring both their mommies this weekend with visits to hospital.
Poor baby! I'm glad you're OK. Maybe it will help you feel better to know that the CW announced early that Supernatural has been picked up for a fourth season. I know your Mommy doesn't really let you watch it very much just yet, but when you get a little bigger there will be lots more episodes for you to watch on DVD, or your iPod, or whatever newfangled technology you're using then. Have a very happy birthday on Thursday, we can't wait to see the pictures!
--efh
Sorry for the bad day, Leela (and mommy and daddy!). Don't scare them like that, baby girl! I'll be sending good thoughts your way!
~Fary
Oh, Leela, you poor little thing.
I used to have grand mal seizures as a baby, and they are SCARY. Scarier for mommy and daddy than they are for you, if you can believe it. For some reason the doctor I saw back then thought that "ear splints" would help, and I never had a seizure again. And there were NO repercussions... other than becoming a ninja at the Otter Academy. But who wants to be normal?
Big hugs to you, your mommy and your new giraffe,
Whiteotter
Poor little baby. Hospitals are no fun, aren't they? I hope you feel better soon.
Love,
kma
Hope you're feeling better very soon, Leela (and Mommy and Daddy too)! Pretty scary, going to the hospital, but you're a brave girl and I'm sure you were just fine. Get lots of rest and you'll be back to your filter-stuffing fun in no time. Hugs from all of us!
Aw, Sadie and Leela, I totally feel your pain! We were at the emergency room Sunday night, Tornado had a fever all weekend and then tried to bash his head open and get a concussion just to add to the fun. Fortunately, his head is as hard as his Mommy's and he was OK. I'm glad you are too, little one. Please don't give your Mommy and Daddy any more heart attacks because they are no fun and you're just supposed to be having a good time and getting ready to be a big girl!
Ha, maybe phetch is right. Hee!
Dear Leela, please never do that again. My cousin's daughter did it when she was 7, and because she was outside of the age in which it's common, she had to have a spinal tap to ensure she was okay. You don't want one of those. Ever.
Tell you mom that she should ask your doctor about Feverall suppositories. When you're spiking a fever, they get in the blood system sooner, and sometimes prevent a febrile seizure. Not that you're ever going to have one, again.
This: Mommy was concerned because she didn't think the pediatrician looked old enough to drive a car. made me seriously regret my decision to catch up while I was brushing my teeth.
Huge hugs to both Sadie and Leela. (and Mr. Hyde. Yes, I am that bold.)
Post a Comment