Monday, June 1, 2009

Leela Gets A Cold. From Mummy.


So, like most people walking around this time of year, I apparently encountered a large cluster of germs that have manifested in sore throat, splitting headache, massive sinus congestion and painful swelling of the submandibular and tonsillar lymph nodes. Oh, and some vomiting but I am pretty sure that was from post nasal drip. Why should any of you care about this? I'm always complaining about some kinda ill or other, right? Yes- true- but unfortunately, Leela caught my cold.

She is already a much better patient than her daddy (or any of the XY chromosome carrying creatures, bless) but has continual runny nose, low grade fever, and apparently body aches if her vague comments about "boo boos" and "ouchy" and pointing to various places on her body are any indication. She is also kinda crabby and sleeping more. Usually the sleeping more would be cause for massive celebration (i.e. me crashed out on couch, blissfully semi aware of the baby monitor hiss, one of my favorite sounds because = sleeping me) but since I know it's cause she's sick, I feel crappy about it.

So I'm allowing an endless Caillou marathon, despite the fact that this show makes me want to poke my eyes out with a flaming fondue stick.

No comments: